Friday, July 23, 2010

3 months already????

Actually, it's been 3-1/2 months already!! I know, I know, it's been quite a while since I've posted....oops! I knew that having two kids would be a lot of work and take a lot of my time, so this shouldn't really surprise me :)

Jordyn is growing fast. She is doing great. During the first month, I was griping quite a bit about how she was a "clingy" baby (wanting to be held all the time). Either that's just the way ALL babies are in the first month (DUH!) and I've forgotten, or it was just her. Either way, she is finally getting used to the world outside of my tummy. She is now a very happy, content little girl. She is more than happy to sit back and watch the world around her. She loves her big brother and watching him play. He makes her smile, which of course, makes us smile.

She had her first round of shots back in June. She was a bit cranky that day, but otherwise, she did great! She is already coming close to her second round of shots. I dread those appointments for obvious reasons.

At 2 months, she was 11-1/2 lbs and 23 inches long. That put her in the 75th percentile for both height and weight. We are still breastfeeding (which I'm SO excited about!) and she is eating about 4oz every 3-4 hours during the day. She varies her sleep so much, it's hard to say what's "normal" for her. She generally just cat naps during the day. Then, she usually falls asleep in her swing around 9pm. I feed her one more time at 10pm and put her to bed. Some nights she sleeps all the way until 7:30am (LOVE those nights), and some times, like last night, she was up at 12:30 and 4:00 to eat (YAWN). She is still tightly swaddled which seems to make a big difference in her sleep. Of course, on the nights she sleeps straight through, Jacob usually doesn't. Guess that's the joys of having two :)

Jacob is still doing fantastic with her. He loves his little sister so much. In fact, yesterday morning, I guess I was so tired, I didn't hear her crying at 5:45am. Jacob came to my side of the bed and said, "Momma, Jojo is crying". Before I could get in there, he had climbed up on her crib, trying to get her binky for her. Like I said, he loves her.

He is definitely a very active toddler. We got a Wii a few months ago and he has just about mastered it! We basically just turn on the tv and hand him the controller and he can navigate through it like a pro. He can even set himself up to play "live" with other REAL people online. It's really scarey how quickly he's caught on. Of course, we shouldn't really be that shocked....he's IS smart, y'know... :)

He is almost completely potty trained now. He has been without diapers during the day (even for naps) for about a year now. He's still wearing pull-ups at night, but most of the time, he's dry when he wakes up in the mornings. He has been such an adaptable kid. We are truly blessed!!

Being parents of two small kiddos is very tiring and between both our full-time jobs and maintaining the house, we're both wiped out pretty much all the time. I'm sure EVERY parent out there can relate! We're tired, maybe a little cranky now and then, but we wouldn't trade it for the world!!











No comments:

Post a Comment